The entire lotus plant has been used in Chinese medicine for treating everything from diarrhea to bleeding ulcers. Lotus leaves were also highly regarded as a weight-loss cure, as the plant is a diuretic. One of the main functions of the lotus leaf plant is to stop bleeding associated with excessive menstruation, hemorrhoids, and vomiting of blood. All parts of the plant can be used as an astringent and cardio tonic. In addition, lotus is employed as a treatment for mushroom poisoning. Used with other herbs, the plant can help treat sunstroke, fever, diarrhea, and dizziness. Lotus leaf is also become popular for lowering blood lipids and treating liver conditions, such as jaundice. An active ingredient found in the lotus plant, called nuciferine, is also thought to help reduce muscle spasms. Other conditions that the lotus leaf has been used to treat include leprosy, parasites, ringworm, and sexually transmitted diseases such as syphilis. Parts of the lotus are prepared in many ways. For instance, the leaves are often used fresh as a poultice, and lotus leaf extract is derived from the dried leaves. The flower petals and leaves are also commonly made into a mild tea, which is slightly bitter. They can be used as a garnish or added to soups as well. Dried lotus leaf is available at many herbal shops. Additionally, the plant can be found in pill, powder, and capsule form. Lotus is considered safe and has no known negative side effects.
Blue lotus extract
NLT 90% through 80 mesh
Loss on drying
Heavy metal(as Pb)
Total plate count
Yeasts and moulds
Pharmaceutical grade&food grade
1. Lowering blood pressure, can reduce serum triglycerides and β-lipoprotein levels, increased high-density lipoprotein cholesterol and apolipoprotein A levels, lower total cholesterol and blood viscosity.
2. Anti-oxidant, which contain flavonoids can scavenge oxygen free radicals, increased SOD activity and reducing MDA and oxidized low-density lipid protein generation.
3. To lose weight, can inhibit the enzymes break down fat and α-amylase activity.
4. Lower blood pressure, direct dilation of blood vessels, causing moderate blood pressure-lowering effect, which is contained in the lotus leaf alkaloids on the smooth muscle spasticity related.
5. Chinese medicine that can heat Jieshu, Sheng-fa-ching Yang, cooling blood to stop bleeding effect. For the summer heat polydipsia, Shushi diarrhea diarrhea, spleen, blood in the stool uterine bleeding.